Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Feist



Alright this is just begging for time in the barrel but I really am helpless against these Feist videos done in collaboration with director Patrick Daughters. Like last summer’s ubiquitous “1-2-3-4” I’m left completely beguiled by how unpretentious the design of the video is, underlining how lovely Feist’s voice is and how playful her songs are. There’s a complete absence of irony and artificial coolness and that’s what actually makes it kind of cool. Someone get this Daughters fellow a mumblecore movie post-haste.

Plus, the song has been my go-to, feel-good dity for the past week or so. I think I actually smiled after the Pats game after listening to this. I defy you to be in a bad mood after giving this a watch/listen. Anyway, if I have to turn in my man card after this admission, then so be it.

No comments: