Monday, July 30, 2007

I don’t see the resemblance either





So after no less than a dozen tries, I was finally able to “Simpsonize” myself after almost everyone else on the net was done the gimmick and quickly moved on. The software stinks and it kept bugging out on me but I guess I hit a lucky streak today. I’m a little bit disappointed in how it came out; not exactly a spitting image of myself. I suspect my features aren’t really “cartoonish” enough for any kind of real resemblance to come out. What did I expect though, it’s just a stupid Burger King marketing tool anyway. Plus it captured my weak chin perfectly I think.

And while I'm on the subject, a quick note on The Simpsons Movie. It's exactly what you expect it to be. No more, no less. Consistently amusing but eminently forgettable. Lots of little laughs but no big, sustained one. The South Park movie remains safe as far as evolutionary leaps between show and film goes. Still, I can't think of too much I'd change... scratch that... it really needed more of the show's supporting cast. Over the years the family's become the least interesting part of the show. But really minor gripes that are almost unavoidable when staging something 18-years in the making. For better or worse, the quintessential disposable summer movie.

No comments: